Professor of General Surgery
- Founded the National Association of Endocrine Surgery in 1994 and headed the association for two periods.
- Founder member of European Society of Endocrine Surgeons and member of Board between 2015 and 2018.
- Founder member of European Union Division of Endocrine Surgery (UEMS) in 2003 and worked as National Delegate until 2019.
- Member of Turkish Medical Association, Turkish Surgical Association, International Association of Endocrine Surgeons (IAES), International Society of Surgery (ICS), American Association of Endocrine Surgeon (AAES), American Thyroid Association (ATA), Endocrine Society, American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), and American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- Received the International Association of Endocrine Surgeons Award in 1991 and 1993.
- Received the Scientific Investigator Award of Istanbul University in 1997 and 2007.
- Authored 12 books and book chapters, in total, published in native and foreign languages.
- Authored more than 150 articles, of which 56 published in international journals (Sci H-index 21).
- Principal fields of clinical interest:
- Endocrine surgery,
- Surgery for thyroid cancers,
- Cervical lymph node dissections,
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes,
- Parathyroid surgery,
- Adrenal gland surgery,
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy,
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy,
- Single-incision adrenalectomy,
- Robotic surgery,
- Goiter surgery.
Education and Training:
- General Surgery ResidencyDepartment of General Surgery, Istanbul School of Medicine 1986
- Medical EducationCerrahpaşa School of Medicine, Istanbul University 1981
- General SurgeonDepartment of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Koç University2012
- General SurgeonEndocrine Surgery Clinic, American Hospital2009
- General SurgeonDepartment of General Surgery, Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University1993
- Postdoctoral fellow Department of Endocrine Surgery, Mount Zion Medical Center, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 1991